Saturday, September 16, 2006

annoyed... but no offense

in one of my classes we are reading the book Celebration of Disciplines by Richard J. Foster. As I read through the third chapter my heart became overjoyed as I read about the type of real prayer that I knew, prayer with the Great One Mighty God of the Universe who actually listens, reveals His will, that then combined with faith compassion and expectation on our part becomes real change in this world. things actually happen when we pray. God changes the future as we seek Him and pray to Him. He says in John 15:7 it says "If you abide in me, and my words in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." I was so excited to read this chapter and then have the oppurtunity to discuss it.
sadly
similar feelings were not shared with my classmates
their first response was that prayer was not this way

more to come...
i've got to go...

No comments: