Wednesday, October 08, 2008

to be a slave...

what would it mean to truly follow Him
to make Him the master of my life?

I long for a greater power to rule over me
one that loves me

Being a slave to a Master who loves me
who is love

yet at times it seems that I am a slave to the very thing I despise

those little thoughts
little things
that I don't want to do...
and yet I do

How do I surrender to the Greater Master
How do I flee from the prison of sin

to come to Him...
to love Him...
not for freedom
not for heaven
not for blessings
but for Him... simply because I love
and I want Him

I want to stop hurting Him
I want to stop running from Him
I want to stop allowing our relationship to become cluttered
I want it to be pure again
I want to be in love with Him
I want Him

I can't do this...


oh, but you're right
we can

No comments: