Wednesday, October 11, 2006

To glorify God...

So today I had a nice conversation with the Lord, because I was confused about the way things happen sometimes. The way that some people die... and it doesn't seem like they should, or others live and are healed of miniscule problems that they could have lived with... because, you see, I know that my God is AMAZING and ALL POWERFUL, but in those times when things just don't seem right, I feel as if it just doesn't calculate properly.
So today in chapel a girl spoke of how her brother (BJ), 15 years old, who died last year after acquiring a disease on a mission trip in Peru. It was sad to say the least. Obviously my mind thinks- wow, if God would have healed him, God would have been glorified in the process. I continued thinking in this manner because this young man in just the two summers he had gone on mission trips had been obedient to the Lord and seen people come to the Lord, how many more people could have come to know the Lord, as their personal savior, if he were still here today?
So as I walked back to my townhouse, I just felt unsettled. But that is when the Lord spoke to me. You see, God is all powerful and He knows the plans He has... and in the end He WILL BE GLORIFIED. No matter how rank things look, no matter how impossibly against the will of God things may seem- He WILL be GLORIFIED! You see, this young man was a great evangelist, but God knows that through the death of BJ that 29 more great evangelist now have committed themselves to the cause for Christ after seeing the courage that BJ had in knowing and trusting that no matter what happened to him and his life- that God would be glorified. He wasn't worried about himself, but rather that God would be glorified through him in the best way possible, and God remained faithful!
This is still something that I totally don't understand, but I do have more peace about circumstances like this... yeah I still question and seek to know answers, but that is what is so cool about my God- He answers me when I call, and meets me when I seek Him. Don't forget to that this week... seek Him, call on Him, and just spend time with Him!

No comments: