Monday, April 27, 2009

Sweetly Broken

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

Chorus

In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

(2x’s) Chorus

I cannot tell you how much He means to me...
How is it that He takes the time to simply bring me to my knees?
He cares enough draw me closer to Him, to sweetly break me...
How is it that He continues to care?

Not only did He selflessly give of Himself for me, but He continues to do so...
He draws me
He wants me
He wants me more than He wants my effort
He wants me more than He wants me to fulfill big plans
He wants me more than He wants me to do anything
He wants me to be His

to be wholly surrendered

Lord I want You
I need You
Come near

I give it up, I leave it behind
I want You

I've tried other ways
and all leave me empty
with questions
with needs

Yet when I am faithless,
You remain faithfull
When I let go
You hold on

Your love is here


No comments: