Thursday, July 23, 2009

I've got to let it out

So this last week was camp... and I have soooooo stinkin much running through my heart and mind I can barely keep a level head so for the next couple, minutes, days or hours... I'm going to just let it spill over... if its boring- stop reading, but on the other hand... maybe the Lord has something for you to hear, He's pretty cool like that!



Where to begin?

First... this camp was not a mountain top experience... it was life changing one, seriously, my prayer life, my thought life, my life won't be the same. I have felt ways in the past couple weeks that I have never felt before... some aweful, some amazing, all interesting!



So let's just start with Monday. Sierra Pines this year was taken over by some new people. They have made some great changes to the camp groud, but we we're a little nervous because we had known the staff in the past. Well, let me back up a bit to Friday before camp... okay actually last year. Oh my, so these savage Godly men from Calvary Chapel San Jose came out for camp last year and throughout the year we've all kept in touch pretty well with all of them... meaning Zachariah and Daniel. Well, on friday I was texting Zach because since like last November we've been trying to get them to come out for Summer Camp and just chill and totally learn with us and fellowship. In all honesty, I don't think any of us thought it was going to happen for a while, but then we started praying more and more about it and I totally felt like the Lord was like... Kallie Zach is coming to camp and I was like- WOW, yes that rocks! So I texted Zach and he was like- dude, I don't know, but then da da daaaaaaaa miraculously it was possible! But then we weren't sure about Daniel, it might just be Zach alone (oh, sad days), but then.... Daniel had amazing provision as well... so Saturday morning I hopped in the (borrowed) excursion and drove to Fulsom to pick them up! On the way back to Gville... we had some pretty rock awesome God conversation icluding a discussion on Hosea and returning to our first love!



So along comes Sunday our day to leave for camp, well at the last minute Zach is asked to teach the youth group Sunday morning before going to camp and guess what he talks about... returning to your first love!! Which rocked... well at the time I was actually a little bummed because that was part of what I was going to share in my workshop on Tuesday... but I was like, ok, whatever Lord maybe they need to hear it twice.



So Sunday night is amazing, a great time of surrendering our sins and reconniing our need for our Savior. Monday comes and BoB teaches the girl workshop, while Darren McCarthy (our outstanding worship leader for the week: http://www.darrenmccarthymusic.com/ ) lead the boys workshop, it was great. Awesome time of learning of God's love with PJ Lewis, fun games and then the talent show... well actually I still wasn't quite ready for my workshop, so I left the talent show and spent some time studying and praying. Now while I was praying I totally felt like the Lord had said, "I have something else for you, but you have to wait for it, you'll be getting it later." Well, this kind of threw me back. What in the world... when was I going to be "getting it" and I didn't have time, I had to speak the next morning! So after hearing a mouse in our cabin, I headed back up to the lodge utterly frustrated and feeling like a complete procrastinator and failure, but then I saw my wonderful Whitney and she was like, "hey, want to pray," and I totally needed to, so we went on the deck and looked at the stars and prayed and as we finished praying Whitney turned to me and said, "You know, I really wish I could just go tomorrow." I looked at her through the light of the moon with huge racoon eyes. I knew I must have just made that up, there is no way in the world that Whitney would want to go sooner then scheduled, so I asked, "Did I hear you right? Would you really want to go tomorrow instead of Wednesday, are you ready?" She looked at me confused, "Yeah, I'm just ready, I really just want to go." I was astounded. This whole time I had excused God's voice as my own ignorance and procrastination not wanting to go when I was supposed to, but I was blown out of the water, Whitney had heard the Lord too, and He had told her to go sooner, which meant we would switch spots making it so that she went sooner and I went later. We agreed to the arrangement and went to bed in our cabins with our wonderful girls- hearing fairy tales and mice throughout the night.



So the next day Whitney presents her teaching a so did Ben (our camp Artist and prayer guy, later on in the week he was planning a painting... it was amazing check him out at http://www.benhubbardart.com/ ). So that night I take time again to seek the Lord and He confirms that I am supposed to be teaching on Spiritual Warfare... which is never really a topic of choice and He also leads me to speak on the Armor of God which actually totally turned me off from teaching it at all, because everyone has heard the armor of God a million times and I just didn't want to, but the Lord wanted it, so I figured I'd go for it. At the end of the night, I still felt discouraged and figured that all of the switching and thinking Whitney and I heard the Lord was probably just bologna because I didn't feel any more prepared and had nothing more to speak of than the night before.

No comments: