Monday, January 23, 2006

Semester thus far...

The beginning of this semester started out a little strange, but it's all good. I have started my first practicum at school. I go to a school called Northwestern all day on Wednesdays and Fridays. It takes about an hour to get there, but it is well worth the drive. I have been blessed to be placed with an amazing teacher and class. My teacher knows what she is doing, wants me to be invloved and practices balanced literacy. The students are also amazing. They all want to be ther and they all want to learn. I realize that this is hardly ever the case in most classes, but boy am I blessed.

On Wednesday nights I also get to help out with a ministry at the church I attend here in Marion. I've been able to help teach the some of the local community kids who are bussed in. That as well has been amazing, as I have seen the Lord work through many people to reach these wonderful kids who are longing and searching for the hope that only Christ can give! They're fosheezy fojeezzy (a.k.a. they are for sure for Jesus).

Prayer Requests:
-Pray that the Lord will continuely let all of us (IWU Practicum students) shine for Christ as these praticums are an amazing oppurtunity to show the love of Jesus.

-Pray that the people who are in charge of placing us for student teaching put me right where God wants me to be. I have applied for Cross-cultural student teaching so this means that the experience will be amazing and stretching. Also pray that the Lord provides for this, for even the $300 downpayment is coming up on me quick.

-Continue to pray for our Brothers and Sisters around the World who are being persecuted, along with those who are persecuting them and need the True Hope that only Christ bring!

Let us continue on in His ways so that we may bring His Hope to the Hopeless!!
Perseverence is key in all that we do...
Life has no meaning until you come into a relationship with the its Creator.

No comments: