Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Whitney and Klinttin...

Whitney and Klinttin are now on their way home. We had an awesome week. On Thursday Keven and Ginny (Whitney's Grandparents who lives in Indianapolis) brought both Klinttin and Whitney up to my school. We had lunch and ate with Trevor, then we went to Steak and Shake with some people from campus (this is also when my car decided to not start).

On Friday we were scrambling to find a way to get to Indy to Whit's Grandparents... Thank the Lord and good friends like Abby we were able to make to their house just in time to go to Illinois and see Whitney's cousin's football game. It was way fun and we got to hang out with her Aunt Nancy and her cousins Tiffany and Nick. We then went back to Indy and stayed the night.

We got up the next morning and had a wonderful breakfast prepared by Ginny, we then headed to Jeni (my roommate)'s house. She lives in Northern Indiana a 3 (4 thanks to my detour) hour drive. When we got their we hopped in the car with Jeni and her siblings (Charles and Katie) and headed to Shipshawana- an Amish town/village. We then went back to Jeni's and joined the rest of her family (mom-Jayne and dad Chuck) at Grandma Shull's Birthday. They had a campfire. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and just kind of chilled with the fam. That night we went back to Jeni's and watched The Sound of Music (video I) and went to bed a little late.

On Sunday we got up and drove to Southbend (about an hour away) to church. It was great fun, we back home for an amazing chicken casserole and then Katie, Charles, Whitney and I headed back to church for youth group that night. By the time we got back it was about 9pm and then we packed up to go back to IWU!!!

Monday was great too. Whit and Klinttin went to my classes with me and then we went some of my friends to Mexican food at Mi Pueblo and then we went and saw a movie. We had a blast, my one professor Dr. Lo enjoyed having guests, and Whitney and Klinttin left know some words in the Zulu language- WOW guys- good job!!!

Then Tuesday was our last day together (sniff sniff). I went to my 7:50 am class and my meeting and then Whit and Klinttin met me for lunch. From there we went to my Evangelism class with Dr. Lo another great one and immediately left to head to Indianapolis. We went to Circle Center ( the down town mall) and then we met Keven and Ginny at the Cheescake factory for a grand finale of a dinner- oh what amazing food. We said our good byes and gave great big hugs.

Yeah, it was great having them here. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did. I know I was a little stressed with my car and stuff but we had a lot of fun. My friends Joe and David (here at IWU hosted Klinttin in their room... they even gave him a bunk to sleep on, yeah they were pretty cool. I know Klinttin enjoyed hanging out with them too. We really did ]have an amazing time. Whitney and I got a little both of girl time in- that was really fun. I'm so blessed to have such amazing friends- here and all the way from NEVADA!!! I was really blessed by our conversations too... those are our favorite time, in the car with each other and a CD player- oh yeah!!

I'll attach some pics so you can see the fun for yourself!!

No comments: