Thursday, November 17, 2005

...its cold

its freezing
i think my face is going to fall off
yeah, i definitely can't feel my ears


These are the kind of things I was saying ALL day long yesterday... it really was cold, yeah- it isn't ever like this in California! (Actually that's a lie, if you've ever been skiing at Lake Tahoe... it gets pretty cold). It really was the main topic of almost every conversation that I started with people. Then last night, while I was sitting in training for the youth ministries at God's House one of the ladies asked a question. She said "can we have any prizes for the kids that they need? Candy is good an' all but these kids don't have clothes and stuff, can we get lotion or T-shirts or stuff they could really use for them to win?" When I first heard this, I was like- yeah that's a good idea... win stuff they need... they'd want it more right? Then the training went on and on my way home I realized how aweful my complaining truly had been all day long. Yeah, it was cold, but how much did I have to keep warm. My dorm is heated... my car (which means I don't have to walk) is heated, my classes are heated, and pretty much everywhere I go there is heating. On top of this I have 2 winter coats (not including other "jackets" and four sweatshirts). Where do I get off complaining about it being cold. Look how much I have, and in reality- how much I don't need! How much do I really need?








Should I tithe one of my coats to the Lord?

Should I give it to one who really is in NEED of a winter coat?

Lord, what do you want me to do?

1 comment:

Jill said...

thanks for the reminder! I have been trying to focus on praise, too...it really does change my attitude and perspective and allows me to see how GOOD God is!