Saturday, November 12, 2005

Limiting?

About an hour ago I was informed that my Mom's friend died. She was a key person who was always at our family dinners and just one of those super amazing encouragers. She had been in the hospital for about two weeks... I still don't know exactly what happened, but she is gone.

Ever since my Mom told me she was in the hospital I was praying for her and her family as they went through this time of her being sick. Knowing how it felt, for my Mom had been in the hospital this summer for about 1 1/2 weeks, I knew the Lord would have to be with them. I also knew that her two kids (they're both in their 20s) weren't really doing too well, so in my mind I thought- wow, God can really use this. It appears there is no way for her to come out of the hospital and ever be the same, but I know my God can anything... I bet she will be miraculously healed and her kids will become closer to her and to the Lord.

Well, this didn't happen. When I found out she was dead, I was upset. But to be honest I didn't know why. I mean obvioulsy Rachel will not be at Thanksgiving now, and I will miss playing catch-phrase with her, and hanging out with her, and talking about the Lord with her, BUT I know she is with the Lord and happier than she ever was or would be on this earth. So why am I upset?

I think its because God didn't move upon her the way I thought He should and bring her kids closer to her. So I was thinking He messed up. Well, when talking to the one of 4 people that have called me in the last hour someone said "maybe this is a time when the Chrisitians in their lives (aka the church, my family) can step up, reach out and touch the lives of her kids in such a way that they come closer to the Lord. My first thought was- YeAh RiGhT! When in their time actually at the church did anyone ever encourage them or reach out to them?!? Then it hit me, I am still limiting God. Maybe I believe He could do a miracle in her body... but I didn't think that His body (aka the church) could do a miracle in her kids. The truth is He is still faithful... wether I "feel" like He is or not. He still can do anything, He still is ALL Powerful...

In all honesty I can still say that I think God messed up and, she wasn't supposed to die, BUT deep down in my heart I know He is Faithful... and He knows what He is doing.

While getting online to write this I found myself looking at my friends blogs, not many of them had changed, well, except one and this is what is says:

Friday, November 11, 2005

reminder
God is powerful. His promises are True. He lives inside of us, guiding us, in order that His kingdom come and His will be done for His glory. We cannot box God. He is sovereign. He is trustworthy. And nothing happens outside of His control. I can trust Him with every detail.
(check it out at: http://www.morepeanutbutter.blogspot.com/ )

Wow, it amazing to know that He turly is powerful and faithful...
But don't tell those who loved her not to cry because if I can cry when I miss someone who is here on this earth, I can surely cry because I miss someone who I wont see until I leave this earth!

He is FOREVER Faithful...

No comments: