Saturday, September 03, 2005

Freshmen have arrived...

Tonight was a fun night... being a "Rock Leader" on the floor in my dorm I was able to take part in the All Hall Freshmen Meeting. It was pretty fun, but the best part was the initiation. Don't worry this is not considered hazing- it is pure fun- no got hurt. Anyway, I would go further into detail but you know how it goes- sisterhood...What else must I say? All in all we had a great time.

Yesterday I was working on my theme for my journey this year and this is what I came up with: D isappear
I n His
V ision
E phesians 3:20 ("Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think according to the power that works in us." -NKJV)

As you can see the acronym in DIVE- I really feel that is something that the Lord has been challenging me to do. Just DIVE into His will and His way- no strings attached- no parachutes to catch me with and no bungee cord. In all honesty this is pretty hard- yes, here is that "control" part of me butting in again. Our theme for Reed Hall is "Consumed"- or as our lobby says "Consumed in Christ. Everywhere you go." This is where I got the Disappear In His Vision part. When I think of consumed this is sort of the picture that pops in my mind.

Here is another view of the same picture- but I played with it to make it look cool- I have it on my desktop right now.

If you look closely you can see a color difference in both of the waves- and in them you can see a little silhouette of a person. That's the disappearing part, and to me His vision is something that can just sweep you away, but at the same time you are a part of something so big and powerful... Do you know I'm talking about.

Okay, I'm sorry- I'm getting a little too deep with this whole thing online. If you want to hear more... talk to me. I like sharing about stuff God puts on my heart.

Well, it is extremely late and I shou

No comments: